RULES FOR VENDORS
1. All vendors must have a current New York State Sales Tax Card, otherwise known as a Certificate of Authority issued by the New York State Department of Taxation & Finance. We will not take your application without this! You can call 800-698-2909 or 518-485-2889 for information. You can apply online: www.nys-permits.org. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
2. Those vendors selling non-food items must obtain a Special Events Vending License from the Department of Consumer Affairs, 42 Broadway, before your first festival. We must have a copy of your current license on file before the first festival you're participating in. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING PHOTO I.D. (SUCH AS A DRIVER'S LICENSE) AND YOUR SALES TAX CARD. The License costs $10 per month (payable by check or money order), and you may pay for up to seven months at one time. If you have separate booths someone at each booth must have a copy of his or her license.* If they don't, you will forfeit your booths and there will be no refunds given. If you have questions, you may reach Consumer Affairs by calling 311.
3. If you are selling food, you must complete the Food Handlers Course given by the NYC Department of Health, also located at 42 Broadway. You may call them at 311 for details. The Department of Health is now issuing festival permits which are good for one year. All food vendors must have this permit. FOOD MEANS ANY CONSUMABLE ITEM, INCLUDING PRE-PACKAGED COOKIES, NUTS, CANDY, SODA, BOTTLED WATER, ETC. We must have a copy of your permit before the first festival you're participating in. *If you have multiple food booths, there must be a separate permit for each booth.* Fee is $70 per permit.
4. TO REPEAT, NEW YORK CITY NOW REQUIRES THAT WE RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR CUSTOMER AFFAIRS CARD(S) AND OR HEALTH PERMIT(S) BEFORE YOUR FIRST FESTIVAL. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE THESE YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SET UP AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. PLEASE FAX COPIES TO 212-944-0469 OR E-MAIL TO MORTANDRAY@AOL.COM. THEY WILL BE CHECKED AT EACH FESTIVAL.
5. THERE ARE NO CANCELLATIONS FOR ANY REASON. IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR SPACE FEE.
6. Food spaces are 20' x 10' or 14' x 10'. All others are 10' x 10'. We provide only the space You must bring your own tables and chairs.
7. You may sell only those items which are listed and approved on your application. You may share your booth only with the prior permission of Mort & Ray Productions. If you have any questions, please call 212-764-6330. Mort & Ray reserves the right to limit kinds and numbers of displays.
8. We will send you a letter 1 to 2 weeks before each fair with your space number, location and set-up instructions.
ALL FESTIVALS WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE